Friday, July 26, 2013

Buxom Stay-There Eyeshadow

Let's jump in the game with Stay-There Eyeshadow by Buxom. Mostly because I have a very love/hate, coming/going relationship with this product. The colors are fabulous. They're vibrant, rich, sparkly, go on smoothly, blend well...everything you'd want in a fun eyeshadow.



Unfortunately, I could never get these shadows to go on the right shade. They always either turn out too bright (think Mimi) or too light. There seems to be no "just right" amount. I prefer to use my fingertip to apply shadow, but I got the brush made for this, because I'm a sucker for that kind of marketing.



This brush proved to be useless with this shadow. Since its kind of a cream/gel like texture, the brush seemed to just take chunks out of the container and not apply them smoothly. I now use this brush with other brands of shadow that I'd like to use as liner. For that, it's perfect! Having said that, it was also difficult to use your finger. If (like me) you have any little bit of nail, it will get stuck up under it...a lot of it. IMO That adds up to a lot of wasted product.

They also claim to be an all day wear product. I've not found this to be true. Even with a good primer, they start creasing after a few hours. This is not a deal breaker for me, since I don't mind smoothing it back out, as long as I love the color.



I remain in a love/hate relationship with this line. I love the way these colors look in their containers. They are gorgeous and bright. I hate how disappointing it is when you use them and realize that, unless you really layer it on thick, they're the same boring shades as any other drug store brand. I've parted with all of mine but the Black Lab. I'm still holding onto the hope that I will one day use it and it will decide to be as fabulous as I really wanted this line to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment